Monday, July 4, 2005

Writing...

Wow!

Once I did my research.  Once I figured out where I needed to go.  Once I got my sleep.  I rolled out 19 pages in a couple of hours. 

Starting from the treatment.  Ending with the three scenes written.

Granted.  Anne Lamott talks about the first shitty draft.  Well. 

Those 19 pages make up a very rough, shitty draft of those three scenes.

But at least I got through them.

                         *     *     *

I just watched the Mike Nichols film Wolf.  Again.  Have I seen that film ten times? 

It's not a great film, by any critic's count.  But it's great soul food.

                         *     *     *

Playing this jazz station as I write has turned into a very good choice.

Writing has actually helped me learn to like country.  And jazz.

                         *     *     *

I've added Channel 101 to my list of favorite sites. 

Okay, so it's the only favorite site I have listed.  Yet.

Hollywood Steve, my co-writer, stars in one of the prime time shows this month:  Yacht Rock.

Funny guy, Hollywood Steve.  Worth watching.

No comments: