Thursday, September 8, 2005

Fight with AOL

I returned yesterday from my scouting trip to Phoenix. 

After dropping off my producer at the Skyway airport, I bolted for home, making it from downtown Phoenix to Brentwood in about 5.5 hours.  Not bad.

The photo on the left was taken at Stoneman Lake, which will probably be the actual location of the white witch coven.

Stunning.

                         *     *     *

My co-writer Steven is getting serious about finishing his revision of the first draft.  He put himself under conditional house arrest.

So while my producer and I were exploring city streets and mountain valleys in Arizona, he was at home writing. 

Funny guy!

                         *     *     *

I'm annoyed at AOL, once again.  In fact, I'm considering switching my journal to another source.

Reason?  I come back from the trip to Phoenix and find that ALL of my blog photos have been summarily deleted.

Not that I minded losing the ones with my face, but what the heck has Sir Snavely done to cause him to lose his primary star advertising. 

I mean, the offers from Cat Agents were JUST beginning to pour in.

Okay, not really.  But you get the idea.

Any advice, fellow bloggers?

                         *     *     *

Tomorrow is my 42nd birthday.

Today, I sent out an invitation to all of my co-workers and email friends.

                         *     *     *

I'm notorious for these late invites, so here goes...  

My 42nd birthday is tomorrow, September 8.  For those of you into star signs, my exact birth time was 8:43 AM.  

I am having what I expect will be a small birthday party.  Time:  7 PM.  You're invited, assuming you live within driving range of Brentwood, Los Angeles.  

If your schedule permits, and if you wish to attend, please let me know.  I will send you the restaurant location.   

Warmly,

Steven  

PS.  My good friend Bill Gates mentioned to me yesterday that he would show up and pay for everyone's meal. 

That may have been a daydream, however.  I can't remember.

Either way, if he doesn't show, you're on your own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Steven.  I'm very sorry I'll be unable to attend your birthday party, but in your honor I'll raise a cup of coffee with my friend Theresa and another mutual friend on Saturday morning.  We'll curse aol and make bad cat jokes.  We may wish you were here.  You'd be missing the Black Swamp Art Festival, which does have fabulous music.  Maybe we'll have a Bill Gates sighting.  --Beth

Anonymous said...

I lost many of my photos on my journal, too.  What happened?  Not all of them were lost, just some of them.  I also just noticed the AOL
Greeting cards are no longer free.  I was going to send you a card.  So pooh on AOL.  I made you a card instead, and it's sitting in your inbox.  Happy Birthday to you.  Hope your get together was excellent.  Did you have that big, juicy steak?  

Anonymous said...

Hey, Steven, I don't have aol, so was obliged to look elsewhere.  Livejournal has done all right by me - although I have to pay a nominal fee to have a couple of the features the basic, free service doesn't have.  My problem is that I'm not sure how to upload my own photos (maybe there is a bigger fee for that, but then I am also basically computer illiterate without a son around) but I know it must be possible.  I find my illustrations online (sssh).

Vicky
http://www.livejournal.com/users/vxv789/