Thursday, June 30, 2005

Clocking along

I've just finished my writing day. 

I'm at page 122 in the script.

                  *     *     *

Once more, I'm overwriting.  I guess that's my method.

According my calculations, on average, the ratio of rough draft to final is 2.5 to 1.

A little depressing.  But it's the reality of writing.

                  *     *     *

I am happy about what has been written.  The scenes are building well.

My schedule during this rough draft stage is strange.  I write until I'm tired.  Then I sleep until I'm not tired.  I get up and relax until I'm driven to write.

And the cycle repeats itself.

                  *     *     *

The editing stage seems to dovetail better with my normal schedule.

I can edit anywhere. 

It's harder for me to write original material on a schedule.

                  *     *     *

All right.  Time to get some rest.

No comments: