Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The X Files

Tonight, I got through the first four episodes of the third season of The X Files.  I'm watching it on DVD.

I'm surprised at how much these characters have grown on me.  I especially liked the death and resurrection of Fox Mulder.  The Indian connection was very cool.

Last night, I watched Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train.  Very cool cameo by the director.

Hitchcock's nightmare -- being accused of a crime he hadn't committed -- really puts teeth into this film.

I'm using Roger Ebert's The Great Movies II as a sort of graduate film course.  Armed with the power of Netflix and Blockbuster memberships, I read his review of a film, then watch it on DVD, and then read the same review again afterwards.  I know this learning system works, because I used it when his first book came out.

No comments: